Friday 25 November 2011

Preparation for Job Interview

Opening
This is where you should set up the interview environment to be less stressful and be as friendly as possible.
Eg. It’s a pleasure to attend your interview today.  How’s your day going?

Introduction:
Be as brief as possible and emphasize on the things that are relevant to the job and qualities that you would like to highlight.
Eg:
1.     Name, Age, Marital status and family background
2.     Education and Recognition
3.     Served in various type of industries

Hobbies
If possible, state hobbies that are relevant to the job and to potray yourself as a positive person.
Eg:
1.     Music
2.     Reading
3.     Self Studies & research (mostly Imaging, publications & self motivational topics)

Strength
Be short and precise about the skills and your professional character
Eg.
1.     programming skill
2.     decision maker and problem solver
3.     flexible to all difficult tasks
4.     enjoy learning

Weakness
This could be tricky.  You have to think of a weakness that you are able to easily overcome.  It must me something that relates to your strength, so it can be both strength and also a weakness.
Eg.
1.     I prefer challenging works than routine ones.  I can perform better in challenging works.

Career Objective:
You need to be positive with the career objective to show that you are highly competitive and motivated to perform.
Eg.
1.     Perform well and get recognized for my work done and therefore having being rewarded well.

Why do you want to work with this company?
You need to explain why you are motivated to join this company.  Make some research on the company before the interview.
Eg.

1.     I have vast experiences that I can contribute – Web related, Administrative and customer service skills
2.     I like the complexity of this company where it involves in various types of projects that make it competitive in the market.

How long do you plan to work for us?
Eg.
1.     As long as my service is needed and I am well rewarded for my service.

Questions for interviewer:-
Show your eagerness to know more about the job and company.  Skip the compensation and working hour topics as it will give a bad impression to the interviewer.
Eg.

1.     What is the typical daily job like?
2.     Am I replacing someone for this job?
3.     How many staffs are there in the department that I am going to work at?
4.     How long will it take for you to get back to me on the outcome of this interview? How many interview stages that I need to go through to get hired?
5.     May I know how the reporting structure like is?

Closing
Thank you for the interview and I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

SPAM and Virus prevention by Barracuda Network Solutions   ­­ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...