Tuesday 18 May 2010

topic for today : how do you remind yourself?

I am a not very organized person. I’ve tried every method to be as organized possible, but just couldn’t sustain it.

Organizer book, doesn’t work for me because, it’s too manual and I get demotivated with this.  I’m not a secretary by nature.  I think this organizer is suitable for secretary-person.

I used to have a PDA.  It’s using the Ms Windows Mobile.  I think its reminder function is superb.  But due to the speaker, it’s now officially dumped but I really like the task reminder it has.  It’ll highlight to you 1 day in advance by displaying the things to do on the desktop of your phone.  It will later prompt the reminder when it’s getting near to the dateline with alarm.  I can’t find a similar but free application for my Nokia.  I was disappointed at this as I thought I should be able to get the freeware anywhere.  Now I have to settle down with the not-so-good built in reminder function by Nokia which I constantly, ignore by accident.

At work, I solve my problem of disorganization by having ms outlook calendar.  I would jot down things to do when it comes across my mind.  I think this tool is superb. I am able to sustain this practice for quite a while, for months and still feel ok with it.  Normally I will put down the things I plan to look into in certain days and if not finish, I will move it to next day. Easy to use and tidy looking.  Especially when you are about to go out of office, you can actually recall the KIV items to passdown to your backup.

By the way, Nokia’s built in reminder sucks.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...